- Cheese suitable for saganaki (kefalotyri or hard kasseri), TREIS VOSKOI
- All-purpose flour, RIVERCOTE
- Olive oil, ARCHAIKA
- Lemon for serving
- Slice the cheese into pieces 1.5 cm thick (the thickness of the palm of your hand).
- Put flour into a dish and cold water into a bowl.
- Dip the cheese pieces first into the water and then cover them thoroughly with the flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a shallow frying pan.
- Put the cheese pieces into the olive oil and fry.
- When the crust has formed, turn them over with a fork without piercing them.
- When they have browned on the other side too, remove them and leave to stand on kitchen paper until the olive oil has been absorbed.
- Serve hot with lemon.
Notes: You can grill the cheese using very little oil.
Don’t slice the cheese into large pieces as this means the crust will not be so crunchy.