For the dough
- 600 gr pork mince, Tou Hasapi
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 80 gr dates, finely chopped, Alesto
- 3 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- Salt, Kypari
- Pepper, Kania
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp rosewater
For the garnish
- Sesame seeds
- Spring onions
Vegetable oil for frying, Vita d’or
- Knead all the ingredients for the dough in a bowl and leave in the fridge for approximately half an hour.
- Then, shape the balls with your wet hands and fry in hot olive oil.
- Drain the meatballs on kitchen paper.
- Brush them with the barbecue sauce, sprinkle with the sesame seeds and spring onions and serve.
For the barbecue sauce:
- 1 cup tomato ketchup, Kania
- 2 tbsp mustard, WINAROM
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, Vitasia
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, Belbake
Preparation for the barbecue sauce:
- Put all the ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes