Ingredients for 4 portions
For the kebab
- 600 gr chicken mince, from the butcher
- 1 large onion, grated (large holes) and strained
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp oregano, KANIA
- 1 tsp sweet paprika, KANIA
- 1 tsp powdered cumin
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 tbsp pine cone, finely chopped, ALESTO
- Freshly-ground black pepper, KANIA
- Salt, KYPARI
For the tomato sauce
- 1 jar Napoli tomato sauce, NOSTIA
For the yoghurt sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber grated (large holes) and strained
- 200 gr feta, GALBO, crumbled
- 200 gr strained, PROMEL
- 4 pitta breads (for souvlaki)
- 1 sliced onion mixed with 1 tbsp finely-chopped parsley and 1 tsp sumac
For the kebab:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead.
- Leave in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Shape the mince into long sausage shapes, insert wooden souvlaki skewers and grill.
- Brush the pitta bread with olive oil and cook them on the grill as well.
- Put the hot pitta onto a serving dish. Then remove the wooden skewers from the souvlaki and arrange it on top of the pitta.
- Drizzle with the hot tomato sauce.
- Spoon on the yoghurt sauce, garnish with the onion mixture and serve.