Ingredients for 4-6 people
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 chilli pepper finely chopped or 1 tsp chilli pepper flavourings, Deluxe
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder, Kania
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
- ½ tsp chilli powder, Kania
- 1 kilo chicken breast chopped into small bite-size pieces, from the butcher
- 1 tsp salt, KYPARI
- 400 gr tinned tomatoes, finely chopped,Freshona
- 425 ml coconut milk, Vitasia
- Ground cashews, to garnish
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Put the butter in a large saucepan and heat until it melts. Add the onions and stir until they are softened.
2. Add the garlic, fresh chilli, ginger, curry, cumin, dry coriander and chilli powder. Stir until their aromas have been released.
3. Add the chicken and sauté until brown.
4. Add the salt, tomatoes and coconut milk. Stir well and lower the heat, leaving the chicken to cook for a further fifteen minutes.
5.The sauce must be a little thick and so you should stir it from time to time so it does not stick.
6. Serve on rice, garnished with finely-chopped cashew nuts and fresh coriander leaves.
Aromatic rice with carrots, raisins and nuts
(Ingredients for 4-6 people)
• 2 tbsp butter, Milbona
• 2 cups rice, basmati or jasmine, Golden Sun
• 4.5 cups hot chicken stock, Cusina, or hot water
• 1 small carrot, grated (large holes)
• 4 tbsp raisins, Alesto
• 4 tbsp almonds or cashews, roughly chopped, Alesto
• 4 whole cloves
• Freshly-ground pepper, Kania
• Salt (optional), KYPARI
1. Rinse the rice thoroughly in cold water.
2. Put the rice in a strainer above a bowl and leave to strain.
3. Heat the butter in a large saucepan until it melts. Add the rice and sauté until lightly toasted.
4. Add 2 cups of hot water or stock and stir.
5. Add the carrots, raisins, nuts, cloves, salt and freshly-ground pepper.
6. Put the saucepan onto a high flame and, as soon as it starts to boil, reduce the flame, cover the pan with the lid and leave for 7-8 minutes (or until all the stock has evaporated)
7. Remove the pan from the flame and cover with a clean towel for 5-7 minutes.
8. Before serving remove the whole cloves.