- ¾ cup vegetable oil, Vita D’or
- 3 tbspbrown sugar, Belbake
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted, Rivercote
- 1 tspbaking powder
- 1 cup apple, grated
- ½ cup walnut, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsporange zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice mixed with 1 tspsodaFor the decoration
Icing sugar, BelbakePreparation
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, until you have a uniform mixture.
- Put the mixture into a greased and floured cake tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Then lower the temperature to 160°C and bake for a further 20 minutes. To check that it has cooked, insert a toothpick. If it comes out dry, then the cake is ready, otherwise bake for a little longer.
- Remove the cake from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Tip it out upside down on a dish and sprinkle with icing sugar.