Ingredients for 8 people
- 8 large courgettes, grated
- 4 tspHimalayan salt, Deluxe
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 onions, grated
- 3 tbspfresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 tbspfresh coriander, finely chopped
- Pepper, Kania
- Oil for frying, Vita D’or
- Lenten sour cream (see recipe below)
- Pitta bread (Cypriot)
- Put the grated courgettes in a bowl along with the salt. Leave to stand for half an hour and then squeeze the courgettes with your hands to remove any excess liquid.
- Grate the onion in another bowl and squeeze with your hands to remove any excess liquid.
- Put the courgettes and onions in a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
- Combine thoroughly and shape into balls.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the courgette balls for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with warm pitta bread and Lenten sour cream and salad.Lenten sour cream
2 cups raw cashews, Alesto
• 1 tbsp vinegar, Pason
• 2 tbspfresh orange juice
• ¾ tsp Himalayan salt, Deluxe
• ¼ tsp black pepper, Kania
• 1 cup water or as much as is required to make a smooth creamFor the Lenten sour cream
1. Cover the cashews with cold water and leave for 8 to 24 hours.
2. Drain the cashews and put in a blender along with the remaining ingredients. Blend until you have a creamy, runny puree.