Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 kilo chicken breast or thigh, skinless, “Tou Hasapi”
- 2 large red onions, peeled and sliced into six pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- ¼ cup olive oil, Archaika
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt, Deluxe
- 1 tsp freshly-ground black pepper, Kania
- 1 tsp ground cumin, Kania
- 2 tsp paprika, Kania
- ½ tsp cinnamon, Kania
- Red chilli flakes (optional), Deluxe
For the tahini sauce:
- 1 cup yoghurt sauce (see the recipe for Crunchy Za’atar potatoes)
- 200 gr cooked chickpeas, Sol & Mar
- 2 tsp tahini, Glykanthi
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Yoghurt sauce
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, lightly roasted, Alesto
For the chicken
- Prepare a marinade for the chicken. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and combine.
- Add the chicken and the onion, stirring them into the marinade.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When the chicken is ready to be cooked, preheat the oven to 210 C°.
- Lay out the chicken in a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Roast the chicken in the oven until browned, for approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and put the chicken on a serving dish. Cut into portions if necessary.
For the yoghurt sauce
- Puree the chickpeas in a blender.
- Combine the chickpeas with the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toast the pine nuts in a small frying pan and then put them in a bowl.
- Serve the chicken on a dish. Drizzle with the tahini and yoghurt sauce.
- Garnish with the pine nuts, parsley and pomegranate.