Ingredients for 4-6 portions
- 2 tbsp butter, Milbona
- 2 cup basmati or jasmine rice, Golden Sun
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, Alesto
- 4 cups hot vegetable stock, Cusina, or hot water
- 1 sachet (0.1 gr) powdered Kozani saffron,
- Freshly-ground pepper, Kania
- Salt (optional), KYPARI
- Rinse the rice with cold water.
- Drain the rice in a strainer over the sink and leave to drain.
- In the meantime, grind the saffron using a pestle and mortar, until you have a powder or it crumbles between your fingers.
- Heat 3 tbsp of water in a small saucepan. Add the saffron, remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes to release the colour.
- Put the butter into another saucepan and melt. Add the rice and sauté until it has browned a little.
- Add 2 cups of hot water or stock and stir.
- Add the saffron, freshly-ground pepper and salt.
- Put the pan on a high heat and, once it starts to boil, lower the heat, cover with a lid and leave for 10 minutes (or until the juices are absorbed).
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover with a clean towel for five minutes.