- 1 packet phyllo dough, Kardis
- 100 gr. melted margarine or vegetable oil, VitaD’or
- 100 gr. sesame seeds
For the filling
- Vegetable oil for sautéing, VitaD’or
- 2 tsp ginger finely cut
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, finely chopped
- 100 gr. mushrooms chopped
- ½ Chinese lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- ½ tbsp cinnamon, Kania
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, Alesto
- Himalayan, Deluxe
- Black pepper, Kania
For the sauce
- 2 cups pineapple juice, Vitafit
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 tbsp vinegar, Pason
- 2 tbsp soya (soy) sauce, Vitasia
- 1 cup brown sugar, Belbake
- 6 tbsp corn flour, Rivercote
Method for the patties
- Sauté the onion in a large pan and when soft enough add the ginger.
- Add consecutively the pepper and mushrooms.
- After sautéing well, add the Chinese lettuce and carrot and stir until soft enough
- Remove the vegetables from heat and put them in a strainer, drain excess liquid. (The filling should be dry enough to avoid sagging of phyllo)
- Add cinnamon, salt and pepper to the filling
- Cut phyllo sheets in squares.
- Brush sheets with oil or melted margarine and place a small amount of the filling in the center of each dough square.
- Roll them, shaping them into long cigars. Place them on a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Grease them again with margarine or oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds
- Preheat oven at 170°C, for about 25′, and bake until golden brown.
- Serve with sauce.
For the sauce
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Heat on medium heat, stirring well until sauce thickens.