Ingredients for 24 windmills
- 1 pack ready puff pastry sheets (size 40×32 cm.), KARDIS
- 400 gr. cream cheese, Linessa
- 100gr. berry jam, Deluxe
- 2 beaten eggs, for brushing
- All purpose flour for flouring, Rivercote
For the glazing
- Icing sugar for sprinkling, Belbake
- 24 forest berries, Green Grocer’s
- Fresh mint leaves
- Lemon or orange zest
- Mix the cream cheese in one bowl and the jam in the other.
- Sprinkle flour on your working surface and spread out the puff pastry and with the help of a large ruler and a pizza cutter cut the puff pastry into 12 squares 10×10 cm. Repeat with the second pack.
- Score each square with four diagonal lines, starting from the corner towards the centre of each square.
- Put a tablespoon of soft cheese in the middle.
- Shape each piece of dough into a windmill by folding four of the eight edges to the centre, pressing slightly so that they stick. Put in a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Brush the windmills with the egg and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Put the jam, the berry, the fresh mint leaves and the orange or lemon zest in the middle.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.