Ingredients for 2 cakes
- 6 eggs
- 200 gr. unsalted butter, Milbona
- 200 gr. sugar, Belbake
- 200 gr. black chocolate, J.D GROSS
- 200 gr. ground almonds, Alesto
- 2-3 drops almond essence, Belbake
- Melt the chocolate and the butter together in a bain marie and then stir in the almonds. Leave the mixture to cool a little.
- Separate the yolks and the white of 3 eggs into 2 bowls.
- Add the yolks to the chocolate mixture which has cooled and then add the sugar. Continue to stir until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Beat the whites to a stiff meringue. Using a spatula, carefully fold the whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Line two baking trays (15 cm) with nonstick paper and brush with butter, Bake the caprese in a preheated oven at 180°C, for 30-35 minutes. Allow to cool. Remove from the tray and sprinkle with some icing sugar.