Ingredients (serves 8)
- 4 cups fresh milk, full fat Milbona
- 3 cups carrots, finely grated
- 2 cups dairy cream Milbona
- 4 tbsp brown sugar, Belbake
- ½ cups currants, Alesto
- ½ tsp cardamom Kania, in powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon Kania, in powder
- ½ cup unsalted almonds, finely chopped Alesto
- In a medium saucepan heat the milk on low heat. As soon as it begins to boil add the grated carrots and leave to simmer until soft (about 15 minutes).
- Add the cream, the sugar and the currants and allow the mixture to come to the boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the cardamom and the cinnamon and blend the mixture in the saucepan with a hand blender.
- Serve in small bowls and sprinkle each portion with almonds.
- The carrot pudding is served at room temperature or cold.