For the dough
- 2 eggs (separate the yolk from the white)
- 240 gr soft butter, Milbona
- ½ cup brown sugar, Belbake
- 1 fresh vanilla pod, Belbake
- 2 cups all purpose flour, Rivercote
- Egg white (from the two eggs of the dough)
For the filling
- 1 packet nougat cream (hazelnut), CHOCO NUSSA
- 1/2tsp Himalayan salt, Deluxe
For the icing
½ cup finely shredded coconut, Alesto
- Pre-heat the oven to160 degrees Celsius. Cover a tray with greaseproof paper.
- Separate the egg yolk and the white in two bowls.
- Put the yolk, the butter, the sugar and the vanilla in the bowl of the mixer. Beat well until the mixture is frothy. Add the flour and salt, mixing well. Continuetomixuntilthemixtureissmooth.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and mold into small balls.
- Meanwhile, prepare 2 bowls. One with finely shredded coconut and the other with the egg white.
- Roll the balls in the egg white and then in the coconut and place on a greaseproof paper with plenty of space between them.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes and then remove the tray from the oven. Make a deep indent in the centre of each cookie with your thumb.
- Using two teaspoons, fill the centre of each biscuit with a small amount of hazelnut cream.
- Bake for another 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave the cookies to cool in the tray for 2-3 minutes and then remove and place on tray.