For the dough
- 750 gr. all purpose flour, Rivercote
- 400 gr. unsalted butter, cut in small pieces, Milbona
- 250 gr. icing sugar
- 2 medium size eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
For the filling
- Strawberry jam
- Put all the ingredients for the dough in the mixer bowl.
- Starting at a slow speed and then a faster speed, knead well until you have an homogeneous dough.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and wrap in cling film. Put it in the fridge and leave to rest for half an hour.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a thin sheet, 3 mm thick.
- Cut into small circles using a coupe pate of 4 cm diameter and place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Cut a hole in half of the circle using another, smaller coupe pate (or a small cup) of 3 cm diameter.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°C for 15 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Spread a little jam on the biscuits without the hole, placing more jam in the centre (so that the jam can be seen at the centre).
- Sprinkle icing sugar on the biscuits.
- Sandwich the whole biscuits with those with the hole.